I like to eat fruit jams now and again with some nut butter and there are a several ways you can consume it too. But it's very difficult to find it on supermaket shelves without so many added preservatives, high fructose corn syrup and more unhealthy stuff. Here is a simple no-cook recipe that keeps your blood sugar in place and packed with omega vitamins, lots of antioxidants and organic natural flavourings.
All you need: (depending on the quality you are making - play it by your taste and eyes) QTY: given is what I used to make = small two jars.
- Chia seeds
- Blueberries / other berries
- Lemon juice
- Pure organic maple syrup
- Start by washing your unfrozen berries (2 packets)
- Add them into your blender along with (one large) whole lemon juice
- Maple syrup (one large table spoon)
- Blend until smooth
- Add in (2 tablespoons) of dried chia seeds
- Set aside for 20 minutes
- Blend again till smooth
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate
That's it. It's super easy and if you can adjust the amount of maple syrup or lemon depending on your taste. Because the chia seeds grow it becomes very gloopy just like normal jam from the shelves and the lemon juice acts as a preservative.
That's all friends