Hey Friends, I have been seeing Sunfood Superfoods products all over town and I finally came across to meet them and gaze upon their new products too. All of their products are completely natural and their packaging is so clean and attractive too.
I was lucky enough to be given a handful of products to try and review and now im here to share them with you.
Sacha Inchi (also known as Sacha Peanut / Mountain peanut:)
The Peruvian amazon plant / nut is beautiful as you can see from the photos below. But there are so many oils out there so what's the hype with this one, you may ask?
Well Sacha Inchi Oil is very nutrient rich and its 100% pure cold processed. They are also sold as powders and in a snack form too. It is also raw / vegan / sustainably grown and non-GMO.
- Rich in Vitamin E
- High in Omega vitamins
- Helps to promote weight loss (reducing mostly from your abdominal area)
- Helps fight depression
- Helps prevent heart disease
- Great for brain function
- Helps diabetes and blood sugar management
- Balances cholesterol levels
- Rich in protein (over 60%)
- High in tryptophan (amino acid) - Helps to regulate appetite + feel good hormone
- Improves circulation which helps the heart function better
- It's highly digestible
- High in Vitamin A - (eye health)
- Can also be applied on the skin to help with lines and wrinkles
Sacha Inchi Protein Powder:
Although relevantly new to the western world it has been stated that this nut has been used for thousands of years by the Incas and the Indigenous people of the Amazon. WOW!
*Although it may be called a nut or a seed it is completely allergen free, it's non toxic and doesn't damage the human body in anyway. So those with nut allergies - Consume at your hearts content :-)
What to do with it?
It has a very slight nutty taste and smell its very light so it will not overpower your food.
- The powders can be added into your morning or afternoon shake with coconut water or nut milk and fruit.
- The nuts can be thrown in your bag for the on the go snack.
- Add the oil to your salads and even shake / Add some herbs and spices and use it in a dipping sauce
- Take one teaspoon a day to boost up your Omega 3/6/9 vitamins
- Should be eaten in it's raw form
These Sprouted whole grain brown rice proteins come in delectable flavours and are nutrient dense. They are easy to add into your shakes or even protein pancakes. It is complete free of any fillers / chemicals / thickeners / binders / preservatives / anything artificial / no added colours and its also hypoallergenic.
Superfood Skin Care:
Now one of my favourite products they carry. I love products that can do more than ONE thing. This extremely healing body butter has got me talking! It's great for any skin irritations such as: bug bites, sunburn, cracked or irritated skin, scars, stretch marks and even varicose veins. Its made up of (MSM, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, cacao Butter and Vitamin E) YES THAT'S IT! Nothing else added, so pop it in your holiday bag or have it on your bathroom counter for everyday use.
Try it for yourself!
- Sunfood Superfood's products are found on their website at http://www.sunfood.com / in an array of supermarkets and also on http://www.iherb.com?rcode=QWV374
That's all friends