As the weather gets a little colder it's important to look after yourself a little more. I normally make a large batch of this concuction and keep it in the fridge for a week.
So what's inside?
- Fresh Lemongrass sticks
- Fresh mint leaves
- Raw peeled ginger
- Honey (add if you have a cold/prefer a sweet drink)
- Pot with lid & drinking water
Lemongrass is great for stomach cramps, pain, high blood pressure, vomiting, exhaustion, boots immune system, kills germs and helps sore joints.
Mint helps with digestion, nausea, helps with indigestion, bloating, cleansing, inflammation or even headaches.
Ginger helps with digestion, nausea, keeps your body warm, brain function, blood sugar, PMS, cholesterol, it's an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer.
Honey is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, it's soothing, boosts memory, help sleep (releases serotonin), soothes coughs, contains amino acids and overall heals your body.
What I did:
Chopped the ingredients put them in a saucepan, let it come to the boil then let it simmer for 15 minutes. (Add honey in now).
- Drink it warm
- Once cooled: transfer to a glass container and store in the fridge
- Transfer to a pitcher and add into a silicone ice mould - then freeze (for morning facials)
- Transfer to a spray bottle and use as a toner
(Yes the colour looks strange ... I know!!)
That's all friends