Free From Cottage Pie!
This recipe is free from nuts, meat, dairy and gluten. It's still very delicious and comforting. I'm going to show you how to make this quick preparation one-dish weeknight dinner using healthy ingredients you may not have put together before yet its simple easy and very tasty.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Sweet potato / white potatoes (you also add in carrots, swede)
- Cauliflower head
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Rice milk, vegan butter
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan and GF mince (made from plant protein)
- Chopped Green beans
- Sliced White mushrooms
- Minced garlic
- Free from sundried tomato pesto
- Oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes, break apart the cauliflower and chop, add into a cold pot of salted water, bring to a boil and simmer till tender
- Drain and transfer back into the pot, add in the topping ingredients. Blend till smooth and thick using a hand blender.
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- For the filling, add in all the ingredients into a frying pan and sautée for 5 minutes
- You don't want to overcook anything at this point
- Transfer the filling into an oven proof dish then layer on the topping
- With a fork score the surface and sprinkle on some more vegan cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes, it should come out nicely golden brown
*as it's vegan it can be made ahead of time and cooked when necessary safely
** please double check your vegan products and make sure they don't contain any fillers like wheatflour!