The Beauty of Açai in Brazil
Hey Friends. It's been a while since I last posted because I'm in Brazil on holiday and have been caught up in all the excitement and of course Jet lag!
Anyway I have been mesmerized by all the wonderful and different healthy superfoods and fresh plants I have found, so watch out for my next post regarding what I have found.
To get to the point of this post, I have been eating lots of Açai in many forms, A) Shake B) Sorbet C) Açai bowl with fruits and nuts.
Unfortunately, Açai products in Asia are very limited and very very expensive. So I'm basically stuffing myself here! (Although I take Açai and green tea capsules every day as a booster too)
Facts about the Berry
- Grows in huge clusters in the Amazon rainforest
- Fruity red wine flavour
- One berry is in the same shape and colour as a dark red grape.
- High concentration of antioxidants
- It's anti-ageing
- Boots immune system
- Great for heart health
- Good for digestion
- Naturally high in fatty acids
- High amount of amino acids
- High in vitamin C, A, B's and E, calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper
- Promotes in healthy skin
- Can help irritation of the respiratory system
- Energy booster
- Can improve mental function
I mean do you NEED more reasons to eat this delicious fruit!! If you can get your hands on it go for it!!