The Secrets of Butterfly Pea
Did you see that curious blue drink I posted on Instagram a while back? Well here is the post tell you what it was all about.The beautiful blue drink is called Butterfly Pea. Not many people in the western world know much about it and it was only in the past two years I was able to get my hands on some. Here I share the benefits of it with you after my own experimentation.
What is it?
It's a south east asian flower that is used as a healthy drink/tea (nam doc anchan) or natural bright blue food coloring for glutinous rice (Nasi kerabu) or even made it into an essential oilwhich I like to add into my atomizer.
- Promotes blood circulation
- Detoxes the whole body
- High in Anti-oxidants
- Treats eye infections
- Keeps skin glowing, fresh and youthful
- Enhances your immune system
- Improves eyesight and brain health
- Helps in the prevention of bruising
- Supports UTI's & STD's, PMS, Infertility
- Works as an aphrodisiac
- Benefits those with high stress and anxiety levels
- Has no medicinal or leafy taste
Not a lot of the leaves are needed to make the tea as they are very potent flowers. Take around 6 leaves and steep into boiling hot water, drink as it is or cool and refrigerate. IT TASTES LIKE NORMAL WATER. If you want a taste you can add some raw honey or lemon or mix into any drink you wish.