Organic Coconut Aminos Review feat. Coconut Matter
Heyyy Friends, Yet there is another coconut out there who is as passionate about health and nutritional products too. How Exciting right?!
As I stay away from generic soy sauces, I have had to be quite careful about what I choose to put into my body.
After finding this out several years back, I started using Tamari Sauce and Bragg's liquid Aminos....but then learned they contained quite a lot of soy, high amounts of sugar, sodium and sometimes even contained MSG! I wasn't going to give up adding taste into my food so I started using coconut aminos.
As much as I researched and used coconut aminos I could not find any cons! so for the past 2-3 years I have stuck to it and have been using as my 'soy sauce' replacement. Luckily I have been introduced to a local company which carries lots of natural / healthy and organic coconut products - Coconut Matter.
So what is Coconut Aminos?
- It is made from raw coconut tree sap which is very nutrient rich
- Very natural products are added for flavouring (see below descritpion)
- It contains 17 of the amino acids (almost all of them!)
- High in vitamin B & C and various minerals (potassium, magnesium)
- Has a near neutral PH level
- It is completely Gluten & Soy free, MSG free & GMO free
- It has 30% - 60% less sodium than regular soy sauce
- It is great for those who follow the FODMAP / Low GI / Paleo / Healthy eating plans
- It is completely unprocessed, no chemicals or preservatives
What does it taste like then?
- Luckily enough now there are so many different flavours of Coconut Aminos that we can all enjoy. Overall the tastes are quite dark and rich, slightly salty with a faint sweet aftertaste.
What other benefits are there?
- Balanced PH level will help with digestive health
- Amino Acids help with overall body function such as heart health / muscle recovery / immune strength
- Contains only natural sugars and low sodium to help with mood stabilization / kidney health / high blood pressure / high blood sugar
- As it is a very natural and organic product, you can consume it without any caution and trust me there is no shortage of flavour.
- You can use it for salads, stir-fries, marinades, roasts, dipping sauces, extra flavouring for soups / stews. I also like to add a few drops into my vegan cashew cream sauce instead of adding salt.
What did I pair Coconut Aminos with this week:
I decided to jump straight in to using Niulife's Organic Coconut Aminos Barbecue Sauce, Its made from naturally aged coconut nectar, Garlic and sun dried mineral-rich sea salt.
Who doesn't like a teriyaki sauce! Here in Asia its quite popular but restaurants do use the 'normal' sauce. I decided, however, to make my own Teriyaki tempeh dish using Niulife's Organic Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce, it's made from freshly harvested coconut blossom nectar, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and sundried mineral-rich sea salt.
The Third one I used was Niulife's Organic Coconut Aminos non- soy sauce, it's made from freshly harvested coconut blossom nectar, aged coconut vinegar, coconut sugar, bird's eye chill garlic and sun dried mineral-rich sea salt.
Please check out Coconut Matter's website for lots more information on the above and more products and where to find them, at: http://coconutmatter.com