Overcoming FOOD POISIONING naturally - at home
There comes a time in everyone's life where food poisoning will get you! Well I've had my fair share of it so I have learned a few things or ten!
*prevention- Well that's obvious, we all try our best but at times it gets us when we least expect it. Just make sure you eat and cook with clean fresh food, don't eat out too much, clean your hands regularly and clean cooking appliances, cutlery, surfaces and plates well.
What to do + Tips Right Away:
- Don't panic! your health is far more important than work so if you are at work just notify, leave and go home - or to your bathroom to be specific!
- The virus could take a few days so just plan it that way
- Your body will enter a 'cleansing phase' where everything must pass
- Keep as hydrated as possible by drinking water, warm ginger tea, mint teas, lemon sparkling water, rice water, warm water, hydration drinks
- Take your temperature, if its over 38 °C or 100.4 °F then take extra care! (I keep a small thermometer heat strip with me)
- If you have a fever - take regular showers, take some paracetamol or pain killers -(its just your body's way of telling you there is an infection)
- If you cannot hold any water down / vomiting blood or cannot pass urine for 12 hours you must seek medical attention!
- Use a heat pad on your body for pains throughout the day and before bed (one of those microwavable ones)
- Listen to some nice music, watch some nice movies for a distraction
- Keep your home cool, airy and clean
- Put up new towels and clean your hands (I use a disinfecting spray around the home)
- Keep a bowl + tissues/towel next to your bed just invade!
- After a few solid hours of 'cleansing' - hopefully your body would of slowed down and you can take some rest, YES IT IS EXTREMELY EXHAUSTING having food poisoning and you start asking your self, why me? why?? it feels like I was shot or punched!!
What to use + take:
- At this point you probably do not have appetite which is normal so keep to a liquid diet. Start replenishing your body by drinking Homemade soups/broths/teas/coconut water/electrolyte drinks / rehydration fluids. (make your own=distilled water +salt +sugar+baking soda)
- Avoid taking anti-diarrheal medicine
- Supplements: Probiotics (high CFU and high strain), Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Colloidal Silver (natural Antibiotic), Buffered vitamin C 100mg (immune boosting + cleanser), milk thistle (liver cleansing) Activated Charcoal + bentonite clay (Toxins magnet-not to be mixed with anything other than water + or lemon. (see my previous post for details 'herbal tinctures') + Psyllium husk powder (colon cleanser) - make sure to take these according to packaging
- Suckle on some ginger for nausea
- After around 48/72 hours you will hopefully start feeling a little better-but start your diet with soft + bland foods. Absolutely no dairy/alcohol/chilli. Eat Bananas, (cooked + peeled) Apples, Rice, Toast- papaya and its enzymes
- Change your toothbrush, change your clothes, towels + bedding.
- Make a homemade vegge broth - with kombu, herbs, spring onion, ginger, lemon grass (only consume the liquid)
- Consume Baked Apple Sauce
- Natural homemade rehydration drinks
If you would like to know more or have any questions regarding the above or anything - feel free to message me......