Kidney Bean Dip
This recipe was kindly passed down to me from my beautiful auntie. I loved it so much I needed to re-make it and share it with you. Its Vegan, gluten, and sugar-free.
Ingredients: (Yield one Medium container)
- 3 Shallots (can use regular red onion too)
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1 Can of Cooked Kidney Beans (keep the water) - buy a good brand
- 2 TSP Turmeric power
- 2 TSP Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Chili (optional)
- Can of chopped tomatoes (optional for fuller flavour)
- Some good cooking oil
- Finley dice the shallots and garlic and fry till golden brown in oil
- Add in the paprika, turmeric, salt & pepper
- Add in the whole tin of kidney beans and tomato paste & optional chili paste and can of chopped tomatoes
- Simmer for around 10-15 minutes till the liquid has reduced a little bit
- Once slightly cooled blend or hand mash until roughly smooth
- Transfer to a glass container
- Wash and dice up the parsley and sprinkle on top
This dip can be enjoyed cold but it's nicer served at room temperature or a little warmer.
Cut up any vegetables you want / bread sticks / spread on toast / into a wrap / sauce topping. Its very hearty and full of flavour and nutritious.