Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Bean dips are not so common in Asia and if found most of them contain cream/milk or are made of chickpeas (which are not FODMAP friendly) So I love to make my own which is free from gluten-free, Plant-based and Oil-free! (Happy arteries!!)
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Roasted Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Pink Salt, Paprika
- Water (optional)
- Char the red pepper over an open flame or in the oven (Split open and de-seeded) together with the garlic (with its skin) for 20 minutes
- Once soft remove the skins and use
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a food processor and blend till roughly smooth, adding water if you like it thinner
- Transfer into a jar or dish and either eat warm or refrigerate
- This dip is great for eating with vegetable crudites, crackers, as a salad dressing, add to your sandwich or even pasta sauce!
- The paprika gives it a delicious smokey flavour as well as making the colour pop, make sure to add it.
- Tip: because of the lemon and garlic this dip will be automatically preserved and can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge.